If you are planning to lose weight quickly yet in a healthier way, salads are here for your rescue. Salads are the best way to lose weight naturally as they primarily consist of fruits, vegetables and sprouts which contain ample amount of water which helps in diluting the body toxins and the fibrous content helps in better digestion of food. Thus, water and fibrous matter together in salads help in diluting the excess fats in the body.
In this article, we are going to examine at 10 Indian salads that can help you lose weight in no time, in a much effective way.
7 Indian Salads to lose weight naturally
When it comes to salads, they are incomplete without sprouts. Green Gram sprouts are the ‘ACE’ amongst all other sprouts as it has abundant amounts of Vitamin A, C and E and also is the primary sources of Proteins, Minerals and most importantly fibers. These fibers digest easily and also promote better digestion within the body. The minerals help in diluting the toxins and excess fat located in the body. Here is the recipe prepare Green Gram Salad at home to lose weight quickly.
- Grate Carrots, Cucumbers and Green gram Sprouts and mix them in a bowl together with a tablespoon of salt in it.
- Add about ½ tablespoon of olive oil and Garlic Paste and slightly fry it in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze half a Lemon into this mixture at the end and serve it with Curry Leaves or Coriander Leaves.
- Now your salad is ready. Consume it soon after your meals or eat it during your snack break.
Carrots are one of the most occurring ingredients found in Salads and are also healthier when consumed separately. This is due to the fact that Carrots are low in calories which help to lose weight while on the other hand it contains dietary fibers which help in better digestion of food. Other than losing weight carrot is known to be abundant in beta-carotene which helps in improvising the vision. This salad overall is also rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals which help in nurturing the body completely and helps to lose weight instantly.
- Cut the carrots into small pieces and place them in a separate bowl for a moment.
- Now remove the core of the apple and chop it into small pieces and add bean sprouts to it.
- Now mix all the above ingredients and add a tablespoon of Ginger paste or grated ginger and a ½ tablespoon of olive oil and mix it thoroughly.
- For seasoning add pepper accordingly and serve it with coriander leaves.
Capsicums also known as the Shimla Mirch in the Indian Subcontinent is widely used and consumed as a salad extensively. This is because capsicums are low on calories and also help in burning the excess calories located in the body. Meanwhile, capsicum is also known to accelerate the body metabolism thus helping in burning the body fats faster thus helping you to lose weight quickly and efficiently. Meanwhile, bean sprouts on the other hand are low in calories and are rich in dietary fiber thus helping in quicker food digestion. This salad is overall a great snack to lose weight and below is the recipe on how to prepare it.
- Chop the capsicum into small pieces and mix them in a bowl with the bean sprouts.
- Now to this mixture add a salt according to your taste and mix it properly.
- Now add a tablespoon of sunflower oil/olive oil to it and sauté on the pan.
- Add a tablespoon of singer paste to this and serve it with the curry leaves or the coriander leaves for better tasting.
This salad primarily contains tomatoes, which is again one of the most common ingredients in salads. One of the major benefits of Tomatoes is it has lesser calorie content, making it a healthier a safer vegetable. While on the other hand, it contains 90% water and various other minerals that help in diluting the body fats and toxins thus helping us to lose weight. It also contains Vitamin B and C which helps in building the immune system of the body. Below are the steps to prepare the Salsa Salad at home.
- Take 3-4 tomatoes, out of which boil half of them for 10-15 minutes whereas the remaining chop the 2 tomatoes into small pieces.
- Now peel off the boiled tomatoes and put them in the blender with a tablespoon of red chili powder and salt according to the taste.
- Not take 1-2 capsicums and chop them into small pieces and add them to the tomato paste.
- How to this paste add a little bit of pepper and coriander leaves for seasoning and your Salsa Salad is ready to be served.
Broccoli is also one of the most consumed salads in the world which belong to the Cauliflower family. This vegetable is also known to have dietary fibers, minerals and Vitamins A, C and K which not just accelerates the body metabolism but also lets the fats burn faster. Meanwhile, Curd is one of the world’s best weight reducing agent. This is due to the fact that it contains ample amounts of calcium which reduces the production of Cortisol by the fat cells. Cortisol, is an agent which is infamous for High Cholesterol, Blood pressure, Obesity etc.. Below are the steps for Broccoli-Curd Salad to lose weight.
- Add 1/4th cup of Curd/Yogurt to a container and add a tablespoon of lemon juice to it and mix it properly.
- Now to this mixture add black pepper according to your taste and a little bit of Salt and mix it thoroughly.
- Now to this mixture add a finely chopped garlic clove, 200-400 grams of well-rinsed chickpeas (Also known as Chane in Hindi) and 100-200 grams of broccoli.
- Add few tablespoons of ball pepper and place it in the refrigerator to add taste to this salad. Serve it with coriander leaves.
Beetroot is yet another mostly occurring ingredient in salads in our day to day diet. This is because Beetroots have low-calorie content and no fat content. Other than these it is rich in dietary fiber and has ample amounts of vitamins and minerals such as Magnesium, Potassium and Iron which not just helps in a stronger immune system but also faster metabolism which in turn helps in faster fat burning rate thus helping you to lose weight quickly. Meanwhile, Fenugreek seeds sprouts are known for their herbal properties. They have been used as a medicine from the beginning of the human civilization as they are known to heal inflammations. Below are the steps to prepare this salad at home.
- Get 3-4 beetroots and boil them properly for 10-15 minutes and later peel off their skin.
- Add 1/4th cup of sprouted fenugreek seeds to this and mix them properly.
- Now add salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to this mixture and keep tossing them till they are properly mixed.
- Keep it in the refrigerator and serve with coriander leaves for seasoning.
Green peas (also known as Matar in Hindi and Pachai paṭṭāṇi in Tamil) are well known for their higher dietary fiber content. This fiber helps in better digestion of food and thus helps in bringing out the body toxins making it an efficient way of losing weight. It contains low calorie and fat content which is an added advantage to this vegetable making it an ideal ingredient in salads. Lettuce, on the other hand, a green leafy vegetable also has lesser calorie content but has higher mineral content such as potassium and iron known to strengthen the immune system and faster metabolism rate. This salad’s high fibrous content makes it ideal to lose weight. Below are the steps to prepare this salad at home.
- Take ½ cup of curd/yogurt into a large bowl and add pepper and salt to it and mix it properly.
- Now to this mixture add a small cup of green peas and green gram sprouts to it and mix it again.
- Now add lettuces to this mixture and store it in the refrigerator.
- Serve it with the coriander leaves.
Image credits: saveur.com, torwen.blogspot.com, cafy.jp, foodnetwork.com, www.taste.com.au, trufflehead.com, cookingforkeeps.com