Belly fat is one of the major symptoms of obesity and can affect your personality badly. The fat tissues get accumulated near the stomach and abdomen region of the body which often leads to health hazards such as heart strokes and improper functionality of liver and kidneys. According to a recent study conducted by World Health Organization (WHO), 4 people out of every 10 across the globe are suffering from Obesity. Our everyday workout routines are sometimes ineffective and it becomes very hard to lose belly fat naturally. So, here in this article we will be discussing on Yoga Asanas or poses that can help you lose weight and belly fat quickly, naturally and effectively.
Best yoga poses to lose belly fat naturally at home
Manduka stands for Frog whereas asana means pose in Sanskrit. This pose looks similar to that of a frog which is the reason why it is called the frog pose. This pose mainly focuses on the stomach and abdomen region of the body and burns out the fat and removes the excess toxins accumulated in this region making it a great way to lose belly fat naturally at home.
How to do it?
- Sit on your yoga mat in an erect posture with your nose parallel to the ground below.
- Fold your legs in such a way that your knees are in the font and your buttocks are right over your ankles, just like Vajrasana.
- Now make fists out of your palms and place them on your naval adjacent to each other and take a deep breath in.
- Now exhale out and bend forward so that your chest touches your thighs and your fists near the naval region.
- Try to make your nose parallel to the ground and remain in this posture for 10 seconds and return back to Vajrasana
- Repeat this pose every 30 seconds and make sure to perform this asana with an empty stomach daily for best results.
This pose resembles that of a bow and hence it is called the bow pose. This asana not just helps in weight loss but also makes the muscles located near the abdomen region strong and flexible making it a great yoga asana to lose belly fat naturally and effectively. It also burns down the excess fats and toxins located near the abdomen region.
How to do it?
- Lie down on your stomach with your hands and legs stretched out on your yoga mat.
- Inhale deeply and bend your knees upward and hold the back of your ankles with your hands.
- Try to face the roof or the sky as much as possible and hold this position for 5-10 seconds according to your comfort.
- Slowly release your ankles and return back to your normal position and place your forehead on the mat and exhale out.
- Repeat this asana every 15-20 seconds and make sure you are having an empty stomach. Perform it daily for best results.
- Please avoid this asana if you are suffering from severe back pains.
Pavanamukta stands for escaping air asana mean pose. This pose is also known to make the muscles flexible and stronger and helps in building abs, strengthening chest muscles and helps to lose belly fat quickly. This asana also helps in curing constipation related issues and enhances digestion capacity and increases appetite.
How to do it?
- In this asana, lie down on your back with your legs and hands stretched out and take few deep breaths.
- Bend your knees and place your ankles right beside your buttocks so that your thighs are perpendicular to the ground.
- Now inhale deeply and bring your thighs closer to your chest with your hands while exhaling out the air.
- Remain in this position for 20 seconds and inhale deeply while returning the legs back to the perpendicular position.
- Repeat this asana every 15 seconds and do it daily for best results.
Bhujangasana is one the greatest asanas not just to lose belly fat but also helps in stretching the chest and strengthening the shoulders. It was named The snake/Cobra pose as this pose looks similar to that of a preying snake. It also helps in curing digestion and constipation related health issues as it stretches out the abdomen muscles and increases body metabolism.
How to do it?
- Lie down on our stomach with your legs joined and take few deep breaths and place your palms beside your chest facing downward.
- Take a deep breath and with your elbows straight push yourself upwards from the waist in such a way that all your upper body weight is on your hands.
- Remain in this position for 20 seconds and make sure to keep your back and neck straight and head pointing towards the sky
- Now exhale and slowly bring down your chest down and place your nose on the ground and take some deep breaths again.
- Repeat the pose again and repeat it for 5-10 times for best results.
The mountain pose is one of the most effective yet easiest yoga poses that can help you to lose belly fat quickly and effectively. Its name gets derived from Sanskrit where Tada which means mountain and Asana mean pose. This pose helps in strengthening your legs and calf muscles and helps in reducing flat feet as well. This asana is usually done before doing any other asanas as it helps in warming up.
How to do it?
- To do the mountain pose stand erect on your floor mattress with your feet closer and heels joined.
- Stretch out your palms to your front and make sure to keep them joined and interlocked with your fingers.
- Take a deep breath and stretch out your hands over your head with palms facing upwards and try to stretch out maximum.
- Now raise your ankles and balance yourself on your toes and remain in this position for 10-15 seconds accordingly.
- Return back to the standing pose and repeat this pose again 6-7 times. Make sure to have an empty stomach before doing this pose.
If you are a great enthusiast of body building and want to have great abs, then The Boat pose is your answer. This pose makes your stomach muscles stronger, stretches them out and helps the body to lose belly fat effectively. It stimulates the thyroid gland and activates various abdominal organs such as Kidneys, Intestines and Prostate in men.
How to do it?
- Lie down on your back with your palms straight beside your body facing upwards and your legs closer.
- Inhale deeply and slowly lift your chest and head upwards and simultaneously lift your legs upwards with your knees straight.
- Keep your hands straight and place them beside your knees in such a way that they are parallel to the ground.
- Remain in this position for around 20 seconds and exhale out the air and slowly return back to your normal position.
- Repeat steps 1-3 again for 6-7 times and do this daily once for best results.
- Hands touching feet pose or “Padahastasana”
Pada means feet, Hasta means hands and asana means pose. This pose not just helps you to lose belly fat but also helps in stretching the spinal cord and also activates the nervous system of the body. It is also said that it increases the efficiency of blood flow across the body, especially in the brain thus increasing the mind power.
- Stand on your yoga mat in straight posture and inhale deeply. Stretch out your hands upwards and join them together.
- Now exhale out the air and bend forward and try to touch your toes with your hands without bending your knee.
- Remain in this position for 15-20 seconds and return back to your standing position which inhaling deeply.
- Repeat it every 20 seconds and do this daily with an empty stomach for best results.
Image Credits: Youtube.com, Stylesamba.com, eyogaguru.com, Yogaprasad.in, satyaliveyoga.com.au and rosmeinwonderland.com,