I travel a lot from countries to countries, and it took a lot of time for me to get over Jet lag. Jet lag often leads to Insomnia(though Iam out of it now!). Insomnia is a growing and leading disorder in the world which is often resulted by daily pressures and stresses. Anxiety and depression play their key role towards the path to Insomnia. Today we are too reluctant to know that most of us today are suffering from insomnia because of our unhealthy sleeping habits. Here are some natural cures for Insomnia/home remedies for Insomnia.
But wait, before we get to further know about the Natural cures for Insomnia let us know what Insomnia is, where it can lead us to and what are its causes?
Insomnia is a chronic disorder of sleeplessness which is often resulted by our psychological disorders such as Depression, anxiety and time related pressures from our daily life at work. For some, insomnia is a disorder in which they find difficulty in going to sleep even after lying on bed for hours, while for some, it is a disorder where they find themselves waking up frequently in the middle of the night. Recent researches have also proved that insomnia often leads to sleep walking.
Problems faced by patients of Insomnia
It has been seen that people who are deprived from their sleep often are prone to road accidents, which means they are losing their concentration capacity. People of such kind even could not concentrate on their work which leads to failures and much deeper depressions. Lack of sleep leads to obesity as lesser sleep means more eating hours. Insomnia also makes a person emotionally unavailable to his family. Insomnia can also lead to diabetes, heart attacks and other health hazards, such as arthritis and backaches.
Causes of Insomnia
We have already seen that insomnia is caused because of stress and other psychological disorders, but there are other big reasons behind it too. People who work late at night or those who have to sit infront of computers, mobiles & TVs are more often prone to insomnia that’s because, the light that comes out of the screen can trick our human brain into believing that we are sleeping in the daylight even if we are lying/sleeping on your bed in the middle of the night.
Though, recent software built by Windows and Android can reduce this effect as the light spectrum produced by them now does not interfere with our nervous system. So, here are some safest and natural cures for Insomnia/home remedies that might work out for you.
Natural cures for Insomnia
natural cures for Insomnia
- The first steps towards battling insomnia is by restricting yourself from beverages such as Coffee, Tea, chocolate drinks and aerated drinks such as Colas that contain caffeine.
- It is important to make your bed room disturbance free by making your room dark during night and restricting the room from any noisy disturbances from inside and outside.
- Introduce your daily routine with fixed sleeping hours and follow them strictly. Avoid watching computer or TV two hours before going to bed. Rather relax yourself with soft music or by reading a novel.
- It is also advisable to have a small carbohydrate rich snack or milk as they help in inducing sleep.
- Use your bed only for sleeping purposes only, as practicing this might help you in getting sleep quicker. It is also important that, you should keep your phone/laptop out of your bed and the TV out of your bedroom.
- If you not getting asleep even after half an hour of lying on your bed, come out of your room and start reading a book of your choice or listen to soft music. Then return back to your bed. Even if you are still feeling difficulty in falling asleep get out of your bed room and read again. Repeat this cycle in 30 minutes till you fall asleep.
- It is advised to avoid discussion about disturbing matters at work or in your life on your bed as they might delay the sleeping hours. Rather imagine yourself being at the most beautiful places in the world, which might help you in getting your sleep.
With these natural cures for Insomnia, you might get back your healthy sleep pattern in a week or two. Still, if you are facing difficulties, it is advised to seek advice from your psychiatrist as soon as possible or you can consult a doctor who can tell you more deliberately about these natural cures for Insomnia/home remedies for Insomnia.
Natural cures for Insomnia/home remedies for Insomnia.